Thursday, May 19, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I'll analyze the Mets, and throw in a little bit of history. I hope you'll come back often. Tom Seaver is my favorite Met of all time, hence the name.

Over time, I'll cover the 2005 Mets, along with doing some historic player retrospectives. I'll start with Tom Seaver of course. In addition, I've been having some serious discussions with some other team specific sites that mix history and current day content. Brian at Tigerblog (he also does work at Reds Cutting Edge and Hardball Times) has done historical diaries for past Tiger teams the last couple of years and I thought this would be a really cool thing to do for the 1986 Mets next year since it's their anniversary. I've been picking his brain, along with Jay Maxwell at Black Sox Blog, who does season lookbacks, and that's how I came up with the historic player retrospective idea.

Any constructive feedback is appreciate. Thanks for stopping by.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Satchmo said...

Sounds good - I look forward to reading the retrospectives.

Do you have one for Ron Swoboda planned? I feel that more people should know about his one-time potential and his wackiness.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Satchmo,

I had planned on doing Seaver year by year, but after that I was open. Anyone who played in the 1960s was fair game, so Swoboda would be a good choice. Thanks for stopping by,

Jon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home